Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Asad Rauf rejects Leena Kapoor’s sexual exploitation claims

By Babar Malik


ISLAMABAD (TheSportsNext) August 15, 2012: Top Pakistani cricket umpire Asad Rauf, on Wednesday, rejected allegations made by Indian fashion model Leena Kapoor about sexually using her on marriage promises, saying photographs of the two were real but rest of the story was baseless.



Leena Kapoor had claimed on Tuesday that Asad Rauf had used her for sexual gains and had sex with her 15 times on pretext of marrying her.

Asad Rauf, who is an ICC elite panel umpire, dispelled the notion saying that those pictures were real but these were taken only after Leena Kapoor posed as a fan.

Asad Rauf claimed that Leena Kapoor wanted him to recommend her for “BigBoss” reality show for having good terms in Bollywood and said, “But the show's organisers said that they do not accept entries via recommendations or references, so I ended contact with her. All I can say at the moment is that there is no truth in these allegations. I cannot make such relations at the ripe old age of 56”.

The 21-year-old Mumbai model had submitted a complaint in the DCP Bandra on Monday claiming that Asad Rauf had sexually exploited her on about 15 times in Sri Lanka and India this year.

When Leena was contacted on Wednesday about photos, she stated, “I have more pictures of us. How can he say that there is no relationship between us? The pictures speak for themselves. How can he lie? God knows why he is lying. He (Rauf) wanted to meet my parents and talk to them."

“We had sex 15 times and he treated me like his 'begum' among his cricketing group,” Leena stated.

Leena Kapoor also said that she has filed rape charges against the Pakistani umpire for torturing her physically and mentally. “I am hopeful I will get justice. He is a coward. I treated him like my husband”, she added.

On the other hand, Asad Rauf rebuffed Leena Kapoor’s claims terming it a bid to gain cheap publicity as well as to defame Pakistan.

He added, "I can only speak in detail following permission by the International Cricket Council as I am the body's contracted official”.




No comments:

Related Posts