Tuesday, July 31, 2012

London2012: Ye Shiwen unfazed by doping row

By Chung Ho Jiang


BEIJING (TheSportsNext) August 1, 2012: China’s latest Olympic sensation Ye Shiwen has found inspiration amid all the doping allegations and rumors surrounding her at the London2012 as she clinched her second gold medal of the Games with 200 meters medley triumph on Tuesday.




Ye Shiwen, who is just 16 years of age, had clinched the 400 meters medley gold medal on Saturday in a world record time which not only put her in the limelight but also made many others to raise suspicion over her abilities and allege her of drug use.

However, all the criticism and allegations had little effect on the Chinese swimming sensation as she shone once again at the Aquatics Center in London to complete her double in just 2:07.57, which is a new London 2012 Olympics all time record.

When asked about her reaction to the doping allegations by the British media the other day, Ye Shiwen stated, "I don't feel upset or sad about what the media have been saying about me. I feel calm, but it just encouraged me to prove myself. Of course, I think (the comments) are a bit unfair towards me, but I am not affected”.

Ye Shiwen answered all the doping scandal-related queries with absolute confidence and said, “Absolutely not. I do two-and-a half hours (training) every morning, two-and-a-half hours every afternoon and I have trained for nine years. I think everyone can achieve their goal. In my mind everyone can be a genius. I think in other countries people have won multiple medals and no one says anything about them, so why should they say these things about me? There is likely to be more good (Chinese) swimmers coming behind me because others have the same potential that I have." at London 2012!


No comments:

Related Posts