Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Javier Hernandez pledges sterling show for Red Devils in EPL2013

By Ashley Williams


LONDON (TheSportsNext) July 18, 2012: After a disappointing 2011-12 season with the Manchester United, Mexican striker Javier Hernandez has promised his fans to produce goals in the English Premier League 2012-13 season.









Javier Hernandez, 24, had a frustrating EPL 2012 season as he had to represent his country Mexico in the Gold Cup 2012 at the cost of English Premier League pre-season and then had to miss out on the whole pre-season and start of the EPL 2012 due to concussion during Mexico’s tour to America.

Javier Hernandez is rated quite high by the Manchester United fans as the young Mexican striker won hearts and minds at the Old Trafford by scoring 20 goals during his first season with the top EPL club after signing from Chivas for 6 million pounds a couple of years ago.

The Mexican striker followed up his inaugural season with another 12 goals in the EPL 2012 but Manchester United fans and officials knew Chicharito was far from his best.









His woes were further multiplied after attracting injuries in the games against Aston Villa and Chelsea FC which caused him to lose his place in the side as Sir Alex Ferguson turned his focus on Danny Welbeck to partner Wayne Rooney as his first choice.

However, Javier Hernandez’s EPL 2013 preparations are looking well and truly on track as he has promised his fans of a sterling show for the Red Devils.

The Manchester United are due to tour South Africa and China in the EPL 2013 pre-season and the Mexican young sensation, also known as Little Pea, is hopeful of an excellent trip.

The Red Devils will start their tour to South Africa with the match against AmaZulu FC in Durban on Wednesday night and Chicharito told local reporters, “This will be my first complete pre-season because during the last two summers I met up with the team in America during the tour.

When asked about how crucial this pre-season was for him, Javier Hernandez said, “It will be important and I just want to enjoy it and do my best. I know I need to keep learning – you never stop learning – and I want to continue to improve and work hard in order to repay the people that put their trust in me. I know I need to be professional on and off the pitch and I want to make sure I’m ready for the new season”.

Talking about his summer break, Chicharito stated, “I really enjoyed my summer break in Mexico with all my family and my friends but I have to say I was missing not being at Carrington. I’m very happy to be back and to see my team-mates and start pre-season”.

No comments:

Related Posts