Monday, July 30, 2012

ECB awards Mushtaq Ahmed 30-month contract extension

By Babar Malik


ISLAMABAD (TheSportsNext) July 30, 2012: The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) recognized former Pakistani leg-spin bowler Mushtaq Ahmed’s efforts with the English cricket team by offering him a 30-month contract extension here Monday.

While Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) consistently ignored Mushtaq Ahmed for a possible role with the Pakistan cricket team but the ECB had no such issues as they imposed trust in the former leg-spinner.



Mushtaq Ahmed, who took 185 Test and 161 One-Day wickets for Pakistan, told Indian media on Monday, "The ECB has extended my contract till 2014 as their spin bowling consultant and I will rejoining the England team for the ICC T20 World Cup in Sri Lanka after the Ramadan break”.

Mushtaq Ahmed, also known as Mushi, stated, "The PCB might not want to recognize my qualifications and experience but the ECB has extended my contract”.

Mushi said that he wanted to work with the PCB and Pakistan cricket team as bowling coach and was disappointed by the behavior of the PCB. “I had a meeting with the board Chairman but I had told him clearly that I was not running after any job as by grace of God I was well set with the ECB and England team," he mentioned.



"But definitely being a former Pakistan player I would love to contribute to the growth of Pakistan cricket but the board has its own ideas," he added.
Keep in touch with TheSportsNext.com on social media at FACEBOOK, TWITTER, GOOGLE+, DIGG, Stumbleupon, and PINTEREST
 

No comments:

Related Posts